I am a first-year Ph.D. student (2018-) at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University supervised by Kris Kitani. I received my Masters (2016-17) at the Robotics Institute as well, where I am working with Yaser Sheikh and Kris Kitani. Before starting my Ph.D. program at CMU, I worked at Oculus Research Pittsburgh (Facebook Reality Lab) as a research engineer. I spent a wonderful summer (2016) working with Alan Yuille at the Johns Hopkins University as a summer intern. When I was an undergradute, I've studied in School of Computer Science, University College Dublin as an exchange student in Ireland. My Bachelor's degree is received from the School of Electronic Information at Wuhan University in China.
See here for my resume.
- Computer Vision
- Visual Recognition: Image Segmentation, 2D Object Detection and Tracking, High-Resolution Recognition
- 2D/3D Keypoint Detection: Facial Landmark Detection, Human Pose Estimation, Hand Pose Estimation
- 2.5D Vision: Depth Estimation, Surface Normal Estimation, Ground Plane Normal and Horizon Line Estimation
- 3D Vision: 3D Object Detection, Tracking and Forecasting, Point Cloud Generation, Registration and Forecasting
- Video Analysis: Video Action Recognition, Visual Lipreading
- Machine Learning for Vision
- Deep Learning: Equivariance Modeling
- Self/Unsupervised Learning: Supervision via Consistency
Aug. 2018 -- Joined CMU Robotics Institute as a Ph.D. student.
Feb. 2018 -- Joined Oculus Research Pittsburgh as a research engineer.
Jan. 2018 -- One paper accepted to CVPR 2018!
Oct. 2017 -- One paper accepted to WACV 2018!
May. 2017 -- Joined Facebook as a research intern.
Aug. 2016 -- Started the master program in computer vision (MSCV) In Robotics Institute at CMU.
Jun. 2016 -- Joined Alan Yuille's group as a summer intern.
Learning Spatio-Temporal Features with Two-Stream Deep 3D CNNs for Lipreading
Xinshuo Weng, Kris Kitani
Monocular 3D Object Detection with Pseudo-LiDAR Point Cloud
Xinshuo Weng, Kris Kitani
Future Near-Collision Prediction from Monocular Video: Feasibility, Dataset, and Challenges
Aashi Manglik, Xinshuo Weng, Eshed Ohn-Bar, Kris Kitani
GroundNet: Monocular Ground Plane Estimation with Geometric Consistency
Yunze Man, Xinshuo Weng, Xi Li, Kris Kitani
Supervision-by-Registration: An Unsupervised Approach to Improve the Precision of Facial Landmark Detectors
Xuanyi Dong, Shoou-I Yu, Xinshuo Weng, Shi-en Wei, Yi Yang, Yaser Sheikh
IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018
Rotational Rectification Network: Enabling Pedestrian Detection for Mobile Vision
Xinshuo Weng, Shangxuan Wu, Fares Beainy, Kris Kitani
IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2018
Visual Compiler: Synthesizing a Scene-Specific Pedestrian Detector and Pose Estimator
Namhoon Lee, Xinshuo Weng, Vishnu Naresh Boddeti, Yu Zhang, Fares Beainy, Kris Kitani, Takeo Kanade
Geometry-Based Methods in Computer Vision (16-822), CMU
Teaching Assistant (TA) with Martial Hebert
Computer Vision (16-385), CMU
Teaching Assistant (TA) with Kris Kitani
- Conference Reviewer: CVPR, ACCV, ICCV.
- Journal Reviewer: TCSVT.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Graduate Award, Wuhan University, 2016.
- Wuhan University Scholarship (4%), 2013, 2015, 2016.
- CSC (China Scholarship Council) Scholarship (1%), 2015.
- Yang Gui Scholarship (4%), Wuhan University, 2015.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Wuhan University, 2014, 2015.
- China National Scholarship (1%), 2014.
unique visitors since 06/20/2017